Configuration Searching and Reporting
Search tool within Backups is very handy tool. Helps in searching text in the configuration files. And generate reports from the results.
The results are quick as the data is from Configuration Backups that are stored within NetYCE.
To access, goto Backups, scroll to the bottom of the page. to access Config Search
There are multiple options to select the nodes
- Selected nodes - nodes that are selected in the table above of Node Backup status
- Filtered nodes - nodes that are filtered in the table above of Node Backup status
- Node group - Nodes from the selected Node group
Below example we would be using the Node group for node selection. Looking for syslog hosts configuration in the nodes.
(1) Select the Node group(in this case All_campus)
(2) Type the search string (in this case logging host)
(4) Expand all for the details of the config
(5) Download for the results in csv format.
- When entering multiple lines the configuration must have same order
- To match 'any' line enter a '.' (dot)
Example below shows two lines after 'line vty' configuration:
Restore a Configuration
This article is to understand how to restore a specific device's configuration. For this purpose we will be using the command config_restore. Pre-requisite The node/device's configuration backup is setup Verify if Backup is setup Below is how to test ...
Getting Started with Config Management
In this article we shall understand how to set up configuration backup. Pre-requisites: Nodes or devices are added to the database. Refer to the article Adding Nodes if not done. Backup is configured for a group of nodes called Polling groups. ...
How to track changes
Tracking changes is a very handy feature in troubleshooting incidents or tracking changes. Below are the steps on how to track changes between two latest versions. Backups -> 2) Hostname(search for the name) -> 3) configs This would popup a window ...